Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Web Site

Although I hope to have my web professionally designed, I have been using a stock template to get going. I tried to learn HTML with some simple web lessons. Still I did not get a page that looked the way I imagined it. Then I found out about CSS, Cascading Style Sheets, I tried some online tutorials. I never figured out how to make it work together. So, back to the template. I have been tweaking and adding pages. I just need some more images on my gallery page and a few other tweaks.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Karen Jacobs said...

Rats, I was hoping you'd found the magic answer, the sure-fire, easy-as-pie web making machine (also free or almost) that you could pass along. Mines based on one of the oldest programs ever (now defunct but still works when I kick it.) CSS stayed a mystery for me as well... and I LIKE puzzles!

4:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am using CSS in my current website iteration. It did take a bit of time to get the hang of it. Not sure it is any better than html, but it does save code space on each page. Good luck with your site!
Judy

9:23 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Yes, that free or almost free was a draw. I did find some good and easy tutorials on line. Still, it will take a long time to get up to speed. I can design with front page, but do not have front page right now.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Your site looks good Judy. How did you learn CSS?? I think I can do html if I make a graph and fill in the frames. But CSS is supposed to be better than making frames and graphs. And, do you have Adobe photoshop?? How did you get the great background image in a subtle light tone if not?

11:22 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Crowell said...

Chris,
I know you want to add more images, etc. and go into more complex stuff but you have made something functional and attractive which will serve you well for the time being.

I never got around to commenting on the last entry but that poster (or is it a card?) from Translations looks really good-congrats!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home