Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Rebecca Crowell’s Opening at Polderland Gallery

I am looking forward to my friend Rebecca Crowell’s opening in Milwaukee this Friday night, April 20. The event inspired a group of friends to venture to Southeastern Wisconsin. Rebecca will be exhibiting abstract paintings at the Polderland Gallery. Rebecca’s work is always deep and mature. Look carefully and you will be rewarded with a depth of texture, color overlays, and subtle markings. When viewing Rebecca’s work, you are not looking through a window to the world, you are immersed in the landscape, you are nature. They evoke an inward experience of natural phenomena and suggest a profound journey along a deep-rooted path. Polderland Gallery is at 133 West Pittsburgh Avenue in Milwaukee. It is the studio and gallery of Dutch artist Marina Broere. Marina’s paintings are also abstract and enigmatic.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Crowell said...

Chris,
Thanks so much for this post--I'm humbled by this beautiful description of my work and also so very pleased that you and our other friends are making the trip to Milwaukee.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Marina Broere said...

Hi Christa,

So nice to read about this and I'm flattered with what you wrote about me and my work too! Hope to see you Friday!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Karen Jacobs said...

Wish I could join you! Didn't realize that two of my fav art blogs are buddies in real life ;-)

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home