Monday, February 18, 2008

Inspiration from Grandma


My grandmother gave me this sewing basket when I was a young girl. I often think that her interest in sewing and crochet shaped my artistic decision to become a fiber artist. This basket, however, was an inspiration for my structures. A strong structure with looped reeds holds the basket up. The fabric walls hang from this structure. My fabric walls have become stiffer with my clay/fiber material, but nonetheless are dependent upon a structure.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen Jacobs said...

OMG (in the vernacular of the young) the years roll back! My grandmother had the same bag/basket (different print material, though I can't picture it.) What I wouldn't give to hold it today! I do see the correlation and how it could inspire.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home